EPTG Sofia 2022 “Roots and wings” live in Sofia is part of a tradition in the Playback Theatre world.
The first EPTG is in France in 2005 and the last one took place in Hungary in 2017.
It has been decided then, that Playback Theatre “Here and Now” from Bulgaria will be the next host of the event.
It was in 2017 when we started to organize the next EPTG. Since then, many people have been contributing, different people have been supporting the process, some of them left, others stayed, new ones joined.
Then, all of us, worldwide, went through Covid times and, as a result for us, we had to “put on hold” the whole event. Just when the registration for the EPTG 2020 has started, the program was ready, all contracts has been signed and all the venues and the team were perfectly ready.
Also, at that time, both Jonathan Fox and Kayo Munakata (Japan) have confirmed their live presence at the event.
We excepted and adapted to the situation.
It was in 2020 when we organized the first European Playback Theatre Gathering ONLINE “Roots of Change” with 30 workshops and 20 performances per day. About 200 people from all over the world came together online from the 5th to the 7th September 2020 to continue the tradition and to support each other in difficult times.
In 2021 we organized pre-EPTG Online Conference “Fuzzy meaning and helicopter rides: personal story, identity and community well-being in Playback Theatre” with the co-founder Jonathan Fox.
So many things have changed since 2017, but one thing remained unchanged – the constant devotion and determination of one person for this event to happen. Supported by many people from Bulgaria and around the world, Tzveta Baliyska, director of EPTG 2020/22 didn’t quit and now we are really happy to share with all of you the happy end of this long journey.
Welcome to EPTG Live in Sofia 2022!
The program is spread in 4 days and it contains opening and closing ceremony, a choice of 9 home groups, 18 workshops, 9 performances, music or playback jam.
27 amazing trainers from all over the world and 9 Playback Theatre companies from 7 countries will be the heart of the event.
Every participant will choose and experience:
1 Home group,
2 Thematic workshops,
3 Playback Theatre performances,
1 Music/Playback jam,
1 Party with live music and DJ,
2 ceremonies- the opening and closing
1 Bulgarian Hybrid Host’s Playback Theatre Performance (both live and online)
See program by hours here: https://eptg2020.eu/programm/
Register here: https://bit.ly/3SnvBuR
All info about program and workshops here: https://eptg2020.eu/program-2/
See FAQ: https://eptg2020.eu/contacts/
If your answer is not in FAQ write here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees for regular participants are: 450 euro
3 nights in a 3 stars hotel with 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, (no dinners), all workshops, performances and programs.
Payments can be made via bank transfer, via card payments or via an active Paysera account.
– if you cancel before October 1st – full refund of the amount, except for the 30€ admin. tax to be withheld.
– if you cancel before November 1st – 50% of the amount will be refuded.
– if you cancel before November 10th
– no refund will be possible, only name change can be made. In case you cannot come, you can find someone who want to use the booking made.
1. Pontus Nolmgren (Sweden) “Seriously Playful Conducting” – FEW PLACES LEFT
2. Joke Rood and Sanna Langeris (The Netherlands) “Childhood roots and wings of today dancing together” – FEW PLACES LEFT
3. Shirly Legum (Israel) “RESPONSE/ABILITY – Together We Can” – FEW PLACES LEFT
4. Roni Alperin (USA) “Roots of resilience” – FEW PLACES LEFT
5. Nella Chilachava (Russia/Georgia/Bulgaria) “The strength and shadow of the team” – FEW PLACES LEFT
6. Aviva Apel-Rosenthal (Israel) “Shamanic acting and Conducting” – FULL
7. Anastasia Vorobyova (Russia) “Moving on over the troubled water” – FULL
More info about home groups:
- Dimitris Begioglou (Greece) “Damn it’s theatre!” – FULL
- Inbar Netz (Israel) “WHAT IS THE NEED” – FULL
- Aniko Kaposvari (Hungary) “Use of puppets and objects in Playback Theater” – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Synne and Jan Platender (Norway) “Poetry in Motion” – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Seniz Turan (Turkey) “The Moments of Transformation” – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Chetna Mehrotra (India) „The Future Forward of Playback Theatre -Youth and Children“ – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Rene Van de Vosse (Niderlands) “Music in playback, from supporting to directing” – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Nir Raz (Israel) “The Antihero in Playback Theater” – FULL
- Vasil Spasov, Bulgaria “Make a scene, make a story” – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Karina Gisler and Yakov Yakushevskyi (Switzerland) „Clowning in Playback Theater” – FULL
- Jaap Ostra (Niderlands) “The Playing Parlour – PT without actors” – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Olena Kalashnykova (Ukraine, Kharkiv) “How to feel contact with yourself?” – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Brian Tasker (United Kingdom) “Men and Our Mothers” – FEW PLACES LEFT
- Orly Kovo (Israel) “The Blues chorus – a new form in playback” – FEW PLACES LEFT
More info about workshops:
1st slot 18.11.2022
1. Playlife- Israel
2. “KaYak”- Switzerland
3. Pepita Playback Theatre- Hungary
2d slot 19. 11. 2022, 18:00 o’clock
4. Vozdukh (Воздух), Germany, Ukraine, Russia, UK
5. Playback Theatre “To be continued…”- Nederland
6. Playback Theatre “Tell me”- Bulgaria
3d slot 19. 11. 2022, 22:22 o’clock
7. Theatre X- Sweeden
8.Playback Theatre Duo “Why Not?”Russia/ Bulgaria
9. Playback Theatre “Storycatchers” – Bulgaria
More info about Performing Companies:
register here: https://bit.ly/3SnvBuR
All info about program and workshops here: https://eptg2020.eu/